Area: 45 226 km² (17 462 miles²)
Capital: Tallinn. Population: 401 694
Population: 1.3 million
Currency: Estonian Kroon (EEK symbol Kr) = 100 senti
Government: Republic since 1918. Regained independence in 1991.
Tipping: Restaurant bills include a tip.
Legal drinking age: 18
Time zone: GMT + 2 (GMT + 3 from last Sunday in March to last Sunday in October)
Estonia: Social customs
Estonians are generally quite reserved and polite. A hand shake is the customary greeting. Normal courtesies should be observed. The Estonians are proud of their culture and their national heritage, andRead more visitors should take care to respect this.
Estonia: Food and local specialties
Hors d’oeuvres are very good in Estonia and often the best part of the meal. The national specialties are: Sült (jellied veal). Täidetud vasikarind (roast stuffed shoulder of veal). Rosolje (vinaigretteRead more with herring and beets). Braised goose stuffed with apples and plums. Estonian wild mushroom soup. Saare beer (dark and heavy yet tasty). Mulled wine. Vana Tallinn (a local liqueur that’s probably best left to the locals to sip).
- Hotel Telegraaf, Tallinn
- Viru Inn Hotel, Tallinn
- Merchants House Hotel, Tallinn
- Tallink Spa & Conference Hotel, Tallinn
- St. Petersbourg Hotel, Tallinn
- Meriton Grand Tallinn Hotel, Tallinn
- OldHouse Apartments, Tallinn
- Euroopa Hotel, Tallinn
- Dorpat Hotel, Tartu
- Draakon Hotel, Tartu
- Reval Park Hotel & Casino, Tallinn
- Hotel St. Barbara, Tallinn
- Tallink City Hotel, Tallinn
- The von Stackelberg Hotel Tallinn, Tallinn
- Boutique Hotel Old Town Maestro's, Tallinn
- Hotel Braavo, Tallinn
- Savoy Boutique Hotel, Tallinn
- Baltic Hotel Imperial, Tallinn
- Kreutzwald Hotel Tallinn, Tallinn
- Taanilinna Hotel, Tallinn