United Arab Emirates
Area: 77 700 km² (30 000 miles²)
Capital: Abu Dhabi. Population: 1.7 million
Population: 4.3 million
Currency: UAE Dirham (AED) = 100 fils
Government: Federation of seven autonomous Emirates.
Tipping: Most hotels and restaurants add fairly high service charges to the bill, therefore tipping is not necessary.
Time zone: GMT + 4
United Arab Emirates: Social customs
Muslim religious laws should be observed. Women are expected to dress modestly and men should dress formally for most occasions. Alcohol is tolerated, with non-Muslims allowed to drink alcohol in the city’sRead more bars, restaurants, clubs and hotels. Smoking is the same as in Europe and in most cases it is obvious where not to smoke, except during Ramadan when it is illegal to eat, drink or smoke in public.
United Arab Emirates: Food and local specialties
Local fruit and vegetables are increasingly available and there is excellent local fish. Hotels serve both Arab and European food and there is also a number of Chinese, Indian and other restaurants. ThingsRead more to know: All the emirates, with the exception of Sharjah, permit the consumption of alcohol by non-Muslims. It is illegal to drink alcohol in the street or to buy it for a UAE citizen. The national specialties are: Hummus (chickpea and sesame paste). Tabbouleh (bulghur wheat with mint and parsley). Ghuzi (roast lamb with rice and nuts). Warak enab (stuffed vine leaves). Koussa mashi (stuffed courgettes). Ayran (a refreshing yoghurt drink). Strong black coffee.
- Oasis Beach Tower Apartments, Dubai
- Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai, Dubai
- The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Al Khan
- Chelsea Tower Suites & Apartments, Dubai
- Auris Plaza Hotel, Dubai
- Media One Hotel, Dubai
- Habtoor Grand Beach Resort & Spa, Dubai
- Clover Creek Hotel Apartment Dubai, Dubai
- Dusit Thani Dubai, Dubai
- Emirates Grand Hotel, Dubai
- Grand Hyatt Dubai, Dubai
- Raffles Dubai, Dubai
- InterContinental Dubai Festival City, Dubai
- Number One Tower Suites, Dubai
- BurJuman Arjaan by Rotana - Dubai, Dubai
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, Dubai
- The Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, Dubai
- The Galleria Residence, Hyatt Regency Dubai, Dubai
- Ramada Downtown Dubai Deluxe Suites, Dubai
- Nuran Marina Serviced Residences, Dubai