The Great House At Sonning
Thames St, Sonning-On-Thames, RG4 6UT Reading, England
The Great House At Sonning - Description
The Great House at Sonning. "The Great House at Sonning" is a 3-star inn,hotel. It is an excellent place to stay when visiting Reading. This charming property features a total of 50 rooms and 4 suites. Reap the benefits of the relaxing atmosphere of this residence. Thanks to the air conditioning, the interior temperature is never too hot. For a little stroll, the garden and inner courtyard are perfect. The contemporary onsite restaurant can serve you dinner. For a drink after dinner, you will appreciate the lounge bar. The bar is relaxed. If you like to share your experiences online, there is Internet access available at no extra charge.
The The Great House At Sonning is perfectly located for both business and leisure guests to Reading.All hotel's guestrooms have all the conveniences expected in a hotel in its class to suit guests' utmost comforts.Each guestroom features amenities such as non smoking rooms, bathrobes, daily newsp...
Idyllically situated on the riverbank in the picturesque conservation village of Sonning-on-Thames near Reading, this charming hotel prides itself on friendly and professional service at all times.
The Great House At Sonning facilities and services
Pay Parking , Private parking , Free Parking
Internet Access , Wireless internet access
- Ironing board
- Disabled rooms
- Non smoking
- Pets allowed
- Front Desk 24hr
- Pets not allowed
- BBQ Available
- Tea and Coffee facilities
- Laundry services
- Dry Cleaning
- Breakfast Room Service
- Bridal Suite
- Meeting amenities
- Fully equipped business center
- Fax / Photocopying
- Room Service
- Outstanding views
+ Room was spacious for a single. Quality of food was high both at dinner and breakfast.
- Badly peeling paintwork in part of the bedroom - from what appeared to be a leak - took away some of the upmarketRead more ambience.Hide
+ Good service. comfortable room. excellent choice of breakfast.
- A dressing table with good lighting would be nice.
+ Food was good, general standard high.
- Non-residents had priority over dinner booking. I had booked a table citing a special occaision, was told on arrival that only one table available at 7pm. I couldRead more have been contacted earlier if there was a pressure for tables and offered a choice of time and dining room!Hide
+ OK for a one night stay
- Another guest arguing with staff about an added 'extra' to the bill on leaving
- Noisey at night
+ The entire staff at the hotel were the most couteous, friendly and helpful group of people who all worked together as a team for the customer.
- The only adverse comment is about the restaurant meal,Read more although there was plenty of food it just lacked a finesse flavour.Hide
+ The food was good.
- Four poster bed, no television in bar area
+ Very Good Hotel
+ location, restuarant bed was comfortable
- shower was feeble and would not stay up and the towel rail kept breaking
+ Excellent cooked breakfast choice
- My room was fine but it was at the end of the hotel over the kitchen so was noisy late in the evening and early in the morning. Get one in one of the annexes if youRead more can.Hide
Shaded by weeping willows The French Horn overlooks one of the loveliest stretches of the River Thames. It offers gourmet food and luxury accommodation for those seeking a tranquil retreat from a busy
The Bull Inn is perfectly located for both business and leisure guests to Reading.All hotel's guestrooms have all the conveniences expected in a hotel in its class to suit guests' utmost comforts.In-r
The French Horn is a riverside hotel featuring spacious rooms with air conditioning, safes and flat-screen TVs. There is free private parking and beautiful views of the river Thames.
*Hotel completely non-smoking* A friendly modern hotel tastefully furnished to a high standard, the three star Best Western Calcot Hotel is less than one mile from M4. Ideally located for Thames Vall
The Wee Waif Hotel is perfectly located for both business and leisure guests to Reading.The Wee Waif Hotel boasts a convenient location with modern amenities in every guestroom and superb service.Each
The Shepherds House Inn is perfectly located for both business and leisure guests to Reading.All hotel's guestrooms have all the conveniences expected in a hotel in its class to suit guests' utmost co
The The Crown Inn is located in Reading making it one of the best hotels to stay at while in town.All hotel's guestrooms have all the conveniences expected in a hotel in its class to suit guests' utmo
Travelodges Are Great Places For The Whole Family With Comfortable Family Rooms And Fantastic Locations Close To All Major Attractions Up And Down The Country. Our Family Rooms Offer Value And Quality
The Brackenhurst Guesthouse Hotel is located in Reading making it one of the best hotels to stay at while in town.The Brackenhurst Guesthouse Hotel boasts a convenient location with modern amenities i
- Market and shopping area
- 2.6 mi Royal Berkshire Hospital:
- 2.7 mi Reading Museum:
- 2.8 mi St. Anne's Well (Caversham):
- School and university
- 2.5 mi University of Reading:
- Building and administration
- 1.6 mi Oracle UK Campus:
- 1.1 mi Microsoft UK Campus:
- Other maritime landscape
- 2.4 mi River Kennet:
- 2.7 mi Grosvenor Casino - Reading:
- 3.2 mi Reading Sporting Club:
- Golf and other sports
- 2.1 mi Woodcray Manor Golf Course:
- 2.8 mi Hennerton Golf Club:
- 820 yd Sonning Golf Club:
- 2.5 mi Castle Royle Golf Club:
- 2.4 mi Caversham Heath Golf Club:
- Spa and swimming pools
- 1.6 mi Bulmershe Leisure Centre:
- 2.4 mi Cannons Health Club - Reading:
- 3.3 mi Henley and District Indoor Sports Centre:
- 3.4 mi Reading Central Pool:
- Railroad station
- 2.8 mi Winnersh Triangle Railway Station:
- 2.4 mi Earley Railway Station:
- 2.8 mi Shiplake Railway Station:
- 2.2 mi Wargrave Railway Station:
- 2.8 mi Reading Railway Station: