Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona
Passeig del Taulat, 262 264, 08019 Barcelona, Spain
You need to upgrade your Flash Player to watch or improve the quality of this video.
Download it from Adobe.
- Overview Video length: 1:30
- Standard room Video length: 0:25
- Executive Room Video length: 0:26
- Deluxe room Video length: 0:19
- Junior Suite Video length: 0:26
- Relaxation suite Video length: 0:19
- Presidential suite Video length: 0:39
- Club executive suite Video length: 0:28
- Swimming pool Video length: 0:29
- Business centre Video length: 0:19
Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona - Description
A modern city hotel facing the Mediterranean next to one of the largest parks in the city and to its beaches. Diagonal Mar Shopping Centre, and the CCIB (International Barcelona convention center) are a stone’s throw from the hotel. The hotel has 21 meeting rooms, an outdoor swimming pool with solarium, fitness center, sauna and an exclusive restaurant were you will enjoy the tastiest Mediterranean specialties.
Gaze with relaxing views from the rooms, enjoy our outdoor pool (seasonal) and the Indigo Restaurant, specialized in Mediterranean and catalan food. Enjoy a poolside lunch at the Brisa Pool Bar & Terrace (seasonal) or taste our cocktails in the Pistaccio Lobby Bar. Get fit in the gym, swim in the outdoor pool (seasonal from May to Sep) or play giant chess. Also, a children swimming pool is availableThe hotel is 15 minutes' drive from the city center and next to public transportation. Explore nearby Barcelona attractions, from the Gothic Quarter to the Picasso Museum or Gaudí's Sagrada Familia
The Hilton Diagonal Mar is a sleek and stylish four-star property next to the Mediterranean, in the modern Sant Martí neighborhood of Barcelona. The modern, minimalist interiors of the hotel's guestrooms, lounge, bars and restaurant are spacious and comfortable, with stunning panoramic views of the city and the sea. Guests at the Hilton Diagonal Mar particularly like the outdoor pool, its close location to the beach (only 200 m/ 220 yards away) and the hotel's excellent personalized service.
Discover all that Barcelona has to offer with Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona Hotel as a base. This 4-star hotel offers 433 guestrooms, each presenting guests with all the comforts expected from a hotel in its class. Each guestroom is fully equipped with desk, internet access – wireless, air condit...
Gaze at sea views from the outdoor pool Indigo Restaurant*s terrace or the Executive Lounge at the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona hotel. Unwind in the gym or on the beach 220 yards away. Just 15 minutes* drive from central Barcelona the hotel is opposite the Convention Center. Enjoy a poolside lu...
Overlooking the beautiful Mediterranean Sea, Hilton Diagonal Mar is a modern and stylish hotel that facilitates to suit the changing needs of guests.LocationSituated beside Catalonia's largest shopping centre, the Hilton Diagonal Mar Hotel is just 15 minutes from central Barcelona and is also cl...
Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona type(s): Family ,Beach ,Luxury
This hotel belongs to: Hilton Hotels™
Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona facilities and services
Pay Parking , Parking
Free WiFi , Internet Access , Wireless internet access
- Business services
- Disabled rooms
- Wireless internet connection
- Front Desk 24hr
- Air conditioning
- Non Smoking Rooms
- Wheelchair accessible
- Sport facilities
- Outdoor Pool
- Laundry services
- Dry Cleaning
- Breakfast Room Service
- Ironing Services
- Meeting amenities
- Room Service
Stayed at hotel on a girls weekend away - 5 of us. Very comfortable rooms, lots of space in the bathroom for our toiletries. Good wardobes!!.
Found the Hotel to be quiet and service was very good.
HadRead more a very lazy afternoon around pool area, which has good amount of loungers and also excellent chic seating area.
Would go back.
I stayed here In May for four days. The staff was really nice and efficient (even though most of were trainees), the room was beautiful with an awesome view to the sea. We had a plasma tv, the breakfastRead more buffet was huge and the staff really friendly.
The only thing I could say as negative is the location, since it's a bit away from the center of the city. But that's not too bad actually. There's a shopping center across the street, and they offer a lot of different restaurants to choose from.
It was a great stay.
My husband and I stayed here with our two sons and grandkids in early September. From the moment we walked in the door until we left, the service was friendly and helpful. The hotel is modern, the roomsRead more comfortable, and the parks around the hotel are imaginative and fun for kids. The hotel is located in a new conference complex about 15 minutes outside of the city center. So if you want to walk out your door to La Rambla, you should stay elsewhere. However, if you want all the modern conveniences, a little peace and quiet, access to a great shopping mall , parks, metro and beach, this might be the place for you! We appreciated the way the staff helped us with the grandkids, seeming to never mind the crumbs they left behind or the shrieks of joy at the gifts of crayons from the front desk! And because the times that the Spaniards eat are not the times children from the U.S. eat, it was really great to be able to cross the street, get some fast food or shop in the supermarket to accommodate the change in time zones and local eating times. As others have mentioned, the pool was quite cool, but lots of people were swimming in it, so apparently not too much of a problem. The Executive Lounge was not very crowded when we were there, and the food was excellent, both for breakfast, afternoon snacks and evening tapas. They were very strict about taking food out of the lounge, which is not our experience with other Hiltons, but other than that, the Lounge was a great addition. We found it easy to get into and out of down town via helpful taxi drivers who were always willing to talk to us about what we were seeing or comment strongly on American politics! One night we took a lovely stroll along the beach to a beachside cafe, which was lively and fun.
Stayed here with my family (wife, 2.5 year old and 7 month old boys) and so I would like to address this to people who might consider staying here with young children. We thought it was great!
1. HotelRead more staff. Staff were friendly and helpful, especially with the children. They greeted them warmly, helped with the stroller, brought them toys and so on....
2. Hotel facilities for children. We asked for and got 2 child cots which worked well. Child menu at restaurant with spaghetti, etc at a reasonable hotel cost. Pool is for adults and was a bit cold, but our 2 year old enjoyed it.
3. Places to Play . There's a couple of parks in the area. Behind the conference center is a little park with slide, swings and some other little surprises. On weekends, they set up a little fair with blow up play things (our child calls them jump jumps), a little train, a track with peddle cars and a little bungee jump thing. To the side of the hotel and mall there is another park with a little playground with some wooden playthings and some pieces the kids can jump on that make sound (different tones). There's also a little play area in the mall and you can pay 2 Euro to push your kid around in a shopping cart/car. All in all, I thought it worked well.
4. Places to eat for kids. There aren't a whole lot of restaurants in the area, but if your kids are used to eating earlier (like ours are), nothing is open anyway. We were happy to have the mall across the street b/c we could get food for the kids. There are several decent restaurants where you can sit outside and enjoy a meal and a pitcher of Sangria. Not the best of Spain, but kids can run around and nobody is disturbed. While we were there, they had a pool set up with kayaks and a track with tricycles and peddle cars.
5. Getting to sights. There's a metro in walking distance (we didn't try it), taxis in front of the hotel, and a tourist bus that stops a half block down the road. We took the tourist bus one day and liked it for the overview of the city, but it was not so convenient with kids. We had to change buses several times and in the more popular areas, wait in long lines. After we did this one day, we took taxis after that. It's a bit more expensive and it takes a bit more time to get places, but it wasn't a problem for us. Zoo and Acquarium/IMAX were close by (5-10 minutes). Some of the bigger taxis (vans) have fold down child booster car seats built in (for toddlers only).
6. Shopping. there are several kids related stores (toys-r-us, imaginarium, etc.) in the mall and a big supermarket. We liked this b/c we needed to do some shopping for the kids.
7. Laundry. Found a local place down the street (directly across from the hotel, past the mall) that does laundry at 3 euro a Kilo. Compared to the hotel, a steal and laundry was done next day and done well. Friendly staff, too.
That's about it. Feel free to contact me if you have specific questions.
This modern hotel is close to the new Convention Centre and opposite a large shopping and cinema complex. There is a lot of building work in progress so this is definitely an area that is on the up. AsRead more has been said before the hotel is only a short stroll from the Metro and the journey to the Ramblas district is only a few stops and this is certainly the easiest way to get around the area.
We found that the restaurants outside the shopping centre were disappointing and quite expensive but we did find an excellent place called Man Go which is just a block away from the hotel near the rear of the shopping centre. There is a great selection of meals and tapas at reasonable prices and a good selections of wines. The spinach with honey and raisins was superb and the paella was great value and extremely tasty.
As frequent guests at Hiltons we were upgraded to an Executive room on the 23rd floor and we checked in at the Executive Lounge. The room was not particularly big but had everything we needed for a weekend stay. We were provided with complimentary water and some pastries as well as other usual amenities.
The Lounge is of a decent size and has a balcony if you want to enjoy the sunshine but the lounge can get very crowded at peak times. At times the staff were rushed off their feet but they were all very friendly and helpful. On our first night the lounge was full of people who had just finished a cruise and it was so crowded that we only stayed for one drink. There is a good selection of food and drinks in the evening although there can be a crush around the food at times. The breakfast selection is good but the hot selection is pretty poor. Biggest complaint is that there is only coffee machine and there can be a long queue at times. A second machine would certainly reduce the waiting time which was sometimes ten minutes.
The rooftop pool is a great feature of the hotel and there is plenty of seating as well as a poolside restaurant and bar. The pool was a little chilly but certainly invigorating!
On our second night we returned to our room to find a note advising us that a Dance Festival would be in progress from 6PM until 6AM that evening. Despite being on the top floor we had a completely sleepless night and we heard many people complaining about the noise the following morning.
On returning home we had already received an email from Guest Relations thanking us for our stay. I replied that the hotel was very good but our relaxing weekend had been ruined by the sleepless Saturday night. I really didn’t expect any response but a couple of days later I received a mail from the GM apologising for our inconvenience and offering us a complimentary weekend so that they could look after us properly! Excellent customer service in these days when customers are largely ignored, so we’ll be going back in January to give it another try.
If you are not forced to stay at this hotel by your job because of a conference...stay away by all means. At 235 euro per room, it's a mediocre attempt to provide luxury, with unfriendly staff, not aboveRead more average amenities, ok rooms but with no touch of class. And if you are visiting Barcelona you most likely want to see the magnificent sights in the center, this hotel is at least a 30min drive from the center. It's in a non residential new area of the town, near the harbor that after 7pm you rarely see anybody go by. All in all...wouldn't stay there again
The hotel is OK if you are lucky enough to book it on a below 100 euro rate per night including breakfast.
The rooms are OK, comfortable bed, too bad they didn't change the linen for 7 days. HousekeepingRead more service was average, my DND on the door was ignored 3 times as someone tried to enter the room while we were resting. Plus, the comment card in our room had been filled out by a guest 3 weeks before us and was still there when we left!!!
If you're a lady and like to blow-dry your hair you should consider bringing your own hair dryer, the one in the room is just awful!
Reception and restaurant staff were friendly but service is inconsistant. The omlette we ordered for breakfast came back as we asked for 2 out of 5 times (that's bad!) Still, there's plenty of nice items on the bufffet (we recommend the gauffres and the mini-croissants with vanilla cream!!!)
Location wise, I think that it's just great - quiet, 5 minutes to the beach, just across the street from a shopping centre and the bus 41 which takes you to Plaza Catalunya.
Talking about the beach, it's perfect if you like it clean and quiet. If you like it crowded and noisy and nudy then go to Sitges (40 km away from Barcelona).
Stayed here for 2 nights when attending the Summercase music festival. Would highly recommend to anyone attending this or any of the other music festivals at Diagonal Parc- you can stagger back to yoiurRead more room minutes after leaving the festival. Also many of the artists stay here- in 5 minutes i shared a lift with Kele from Bloc Party, met Jarvis Cocker and saw members of Sissor sisters and Kaiser Chiefs!
The hotel is great- a nice pool and patio area, very comfortable rooms, quite large in size, a comfortable bed with nice linen, a modern style bathroom with lots of free toiletries and a wonderfull power shower. Also a very quiet and efficient air-con system- a must in Barcelona at any time of year.
Only downside is the price- room rates, restaurants and minibar all much more than i usually like to pay. Hotel seems primarily aimed at buisiness account travellers attending the conference next door. However the nearby hotels increase their prices hugely when the music festivals take place (Princess, AC Barcelona- both very good- i've stayed at these in previous years)
Location wise, don't stay here if you want to be in the centre of Barcelona- it's a 15 minute subway ride away. There are also good bus links too.
However the main plus to the Diagonal Mar area is being 2 minutes from a number of good beaches- great after a days sight seeing to spend a few hours on the beach. There is also a massive shopping complex opposite the hotel, with a big outside food terrace with a wide range of restaurants.
I would recommend staying here on a city break, if you like a mixture of relaxing on the beach as well as seeing all of the sights. Effectively 2 holidays in one! As long as you are confident using the subway.
I wholeheartedly agree with edleo's July 16 review about this hotel and just want to add a few comments rather than repeat what he said. If you want to go to the beach, do not go across the street as theRead more water there is dirty. Instead, walk across to the Diagonal Mar Mall and rent a car from Hertz (on the first floor). An hour's drive on the main highway up the coast will put you in the Costa Brava area. There you will find some of the most beautiful beaches you have ever seen. We left the hotel at 7AM and spent the entire day swimming in the Med, arriving back at the hotel 12 hours later. While also a Diamond member, we were pleasantly surprised to find that this Hilton also gave military discounts and this reduced our rate for a first class room to one normally found for a budget hotel. Congratulations, Hilton Diagonal Mar, keep up the good work!!
This is a five star hotel, and the Hilton chain itself considers it a six star hotel.
The hotel building and all its facilities were wonderful, and fully up to the standard of a five star hotel. We especiallyRead more loved the outdoor pool and lounge area. The room was spacious, and the only negative about it was the mattress, which was way too firm, so if you're very skinny, it will be uncomfortable. Also, internet access is only included if you bring your own laptop, so if you have to use the one in the lobby or the ones in the business center, there's a hefty per minute charge, which I found tacky.
Why did I not rate this hotel higher? Because the people who work there are not up to the task of running a five star hotel.
- We asked for turn down service, they forgot.
- Another day I asked them to clean the bathroom floor, and came back to find that they hadn't done it.
- Housekeeping kept rearranging the makeup in my beauty bag.
- I asked for a hardboiled egg for breakfast; one day they forgot, another day, several different people brought me a total of four eggs.
- The maitre d' claimed on the third day of our five day stay that breakfast was not included in our rate (which it was). We politely told him that it was, and asked him to please confirm with the front desk. He started a discussion! Can you believe it? In a five star hotel? He wanted us to sign a blank check, which we refused, and in the end we were allowed to have our included breakfast. After breakfast, he told us that we had been right all along, that breakfast was indeed included in our rate. We asked him to make sure to make a note of it so we wouldn't run into the same problem later.
- Next day, new maitre d', we're told breakfast is not included in our rate... Same story all over again.
- At check out, the receptionist presents us with a bill for two days of breakfast, because, as it turns out, the maitre d' has billed us for breakfast for the two days they messed up and the maitre d' has signed the check himself. We're appalled, but politely explain the situation, and what does the receptionist do? He starts another discussion, and he starts calling a bunch of people from the phone right in front of us. When he finally gets off the phone, he says that he will "give us" the breakfasts, as if he's doing us a favor, seeing as he seems to think that it is perfectly normal to book a five day stay with included breakfast on only three of the five days. I have never experienced a longer check out.
I truly hope that someone high up in the Hilton chain reads this, and does something about this. The hotel itself is beautiful, it's certainly a five or six star on paper, but it's not even a one star in terms of service and staff training and communication. We only encountered one staff member that we thought did a good job, unfortunately I don't remember her name, but it was a female receptionist. Everyone else needs A LOT more training. Because of that, this is a hotel that people stay at once, and never return to. That's unfortunate; I don't know of any other place with such a good starting point that accomplishes to ruin everything so completely.
Located in El Poblenou, Rent Top Apartments Beach Pool With Terrace II is a perfect starting point from which to explore Barcelona. The hotel offers a high standard of service and amenities to suit th
Rent Top Apartments Beach Pool Sea Views is conveniently located in the popular El Poblenou area. The hotel offers a wide range of amenities and perks to ensure you have a great time. Service-minded s
Ideally located in the prime touristic area of El Poblenou, Ac Barcelona Forum by Marriott promises a relaxing and wonderful visit. The hotel offers a high standard of service and amenities to suit th
The Ac Hotel is located in Barcelona making it one of the best hotels to stay at while in town.This 4-star hotel offers 94 guestrooms, each presenting guests with all the comforts expected from a hote
Ideally located in the prime touristic area of El Poblenou, Rent Top Apartments Exclusive Pool Beach With Sea promises a relaxing and wonderful visit. Featuring a complete list of amenities, guests w
Barcelona Princess Hotel is conveniently located in the popular Sant Martí - El Poblenou area. The hotel offers a high standard of service and amenities to suit the individual needs of all travelers.
Rent Top Apartments Beach With Pool I is perfectly located for both business and leisure guests in Barcelona. The property features a wide range of facilities to make your stay a pleasant experience.
The hotel is located in the east section of Barcelona, at PASSEIG TAULAT 265, only 11 minutes by car from the city center.Of a Budget category, the Rent City Apartments Luxe has all the comforts such
Discover all that Barcelona has to offer with Bed & Breakfast Diagonal Mar as a base. The hotel has 3 rooms which are all nicely decorated to provide a memorable stay. The guestrooms are equipped with
- Spa and swimming pools
- 1,514 yd Complex Esportiu Municipal Can Felipa:
- Golf and other sports
- 1.3 mi Mar Bella Nautical Base:
- Park and square or garden
- 1,532 yd Parc du centre de Poblenou:
- Beach and coastal area
- Harbor and marina
- 1.2 mi Port Olímpic:
- 1,563 yd Dos Cielos:
- Market and shopping area
- 164 yd Diagonal Mar:
- 698 yd CAP :
- 876 yd CAP Besos :
- 1.3 mi CAP Clot :
- 1,217 yd CAP 24h La Mina :
- 1.1 mi CAP 24h Sant Marti:
- 1,418 yd CAP 24h Lope de Vega :
- 1.1 mi CAP La Pau :
- Railroad station
- 1.3 mi Platja de la Mar Bella:
- 1.5 mi Agbar Tower:
- Metro station
- 1,663 yd Besos:
- 1.2 mi La Pau:
- 1.2 mi Llacuna:
- 460 yd El Maresme-Forum:
- 1.1 mi Sant Marti:
- 1.2 mi Bac Roda:
- 881 yd Besos Mar:
- 1,447 yd Poblenou:
- 684 yd Selva Mar: